Thursday, August 23, 2012

Winding down

Wow, the past month has been a whirlwind! I have a list of posts I've been meaning to write but work has kept me very, very busy. My last official day at Marwen is next Thursday, the 30th-eek! I got a job at Marwen right out of grad school in 2004 so I've been there for 8 years. This transition will be huge for me but I'm really excited. Especially because I will continue to be a teaching artist for Marwen Lab starting in September and other programs to come as things settle down and I feel ready. I'm thrilled I can continue to stay connected to the students and the Marwen community, it's really important to me.

So the past few weeks have involved teaching a 2-week intensive photo course, interviewing 15 students for Marwen Lab, 5 contenders for my job, budget projections, going through years and years worth of files, images, emails, etc. I'm tired.

But I can see the light at the end of the tunnel! We have hired my replacement who I will be working with, I have interviewed all students (except one) and notified everyone who has been accepted or not. Because there are a lot of people on vacation next week, I had my going away party today at work which was lovely.

So expect many more updates over the weekend and in the weeks to come now that I'll have more time. In the meantime, here is a photo a student took of me while we were out shooting during my Street Photography Portraits course last week. She sneakily made a print for me and signed it on the last day of class- so sweet!



No comments:

Post a Comment