Tuesday, September 11, 2012

3rd trimester tests


Before my last appointment, I had to fast and then drink the lovely Glucola exactly 1 hour before my appointment so they could test me for gestational diabetes. Everyone talks about how gross this is and they were right! Especially on an empty stomach, yuck. During my appointment they tested my blood sugar, iron levels, and for Hepatitis C.
Luckily, my blood sugar was normal and Hepatitis C was negative but turns out I'm anemic! My iron levels were good when they checked during my 1st trimester but they've dropped a fair amount since then. I've had some bouts of light-headedness so this is most likely why. I've started taking an iron supplement and really focusing on getting more iron in my diet. Not eating red meat or pork makes it a little tricky but I already love leafy greens, beans, almonds, dried fruit, etc. so that's good!

No comments:

Post a Comment